Source code for this project has been migrated to GitHub: https://github.com/GridProtectionAlliance/gsf
All new source code and product releases will be posted there.
The Grid Solutions Framework (GSF) is an extensive open source collection of .NET code used by electric power utilities and various open source projects. GSF contains a large variety of code useful for any .NET project consisting of hundreds of class libraries
that extend or expand the functionality included in the .NET Framework. It makes many of the more complex .NET features (e.g., sockets and encryption) easier to use and adds functions not included in the .NET.
NuGet Download: Grid Solutions Framework Packages
Product components in Grid Solutions Framework for developing time-series applications.
- Adapter based time-series processing and data exchange library with WPF UI configuration screens for managing real-time data
- Various utility protocol libraries, e.g., PQDIF, COMTRADE, IEEE C37.118, IEEE 1344, IEC 61850-90-5, UTK F-NET, SEL Fast Message, BPA PDCstream, Macrodyne, MMS
- Configuration API for easy and secure access to application settings
- High-speed binary parsing framework for implementing protocol parsing
- Well vetted abstract asynchronous communications framework (IServer / IClient) for socket (TCP, UDP including Multicast all over IPv6 or IPv4), serial and file based communications
- Security framework for implementing role-based security in ASP.NET, WCF, WPF, Windows Forms and Windows Services
- Windows Service Template for quickly developing windows services with remoting capability
- Base WCF service for creating WCF services that can be self-hosted in Windows Service, Console, WPF or Windows Forms application
- WCF-based Message Bus that can be hosted inside ASP.NET, Windows Service, Console, WPF or Windows Forms application
Click for full size image.
The Grid Solutions Framework, administered by the Grid Protection Alliance (GPA), is a combination of the existing .NET 3.5/4.0 Time Series Framework
TVA Code Library projects on codeplex. In creating the GSF, new code components have been added and the libraries have been refactored to make this integrated framework more secure and significantly better performing. This new library has
been assembled using the .NET 4.5 framework - all new projects should migrate to this combined platform.
The open Phasor Data Concentrator
(openPDC), Secure Information Exchange Gateway (SIEGate) and open Historian (openHistorian) are examples of projects that use the Grid